We are dedicated to bringing the best technology for the best use cases. We use our experience combined with the current principles, techniques and best practices to deliver consistent results.
AWS Well-Architected Framework
The Well-Architected Framework has been developed to help cloud architects build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for their applications. Based on five pillars — operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization — the Framework provides a consistent approach for customers and partners to evaluate architectures, and implement designs that will scale over time.
Why would you want to apply the AWS Well-Architected Framework?
- Build and deploy faster
- Lower or mitigate risks
- Make informed decisions
- Learn AWS best practices
What is the process?
- LEARN – Gather information
- This is done remotely and can be done without your involvement
- MEASURE – Setup a Review meeting
- This process takes from 1 to 3 hours and involves a meeting
- IMPROVE – Review Recommendations
- A SOW (statement of works) will be issued containing our recommendations
What are the 5 Pillars of Well-Architected?
- Operational Excellence
- Continuously improve your processes and gain insight into your operational systems by monitoring, managing, and automating changes
- Define standards for how to respond to events and collect metrics to measure your business outcomes
- Run efficient operations that allow you to prioritize activities, anticipate failures, and respond quickly to the needs of your business and customers
- Strengthen and protect your data and systems by establishing least privilege principles and enforcing the separation of roles and responsibilities
- Maintain data integrity and privacy in any environment for data in transit and at rest
- Use automation to prepare for threats and incidents as well as to scale securely and cost-effectively
- Increase your ability to prevent and recover from service and infrastructure disruptions
- Use multiple small resources to mitigate the impact of a single failure on your overall system
- Leverage automation to test and expose failure pathways and provide immediate recovery processes
- Performance Efficiency
- Optimize and maintain the efficiency of your computing resources even as demand increases
- Decrease latency and improve customer experience at minimal costs with global deployment
- Employ serverless architecture for managing services at cloud scale
- Cost optimization
- Maximize your business outcomes and return on investments with cost-aware systems that optimize resources at minimal cost
- Right-size with a consumption model where you pay only for the computing resources you use based on your business needs
- Analyze and assign system usage and costs to increase transparency, measure ROI and increase accountability
Let’s chat about your journey – contact us below:
AWS EC2 for Microsoft Windows
As an AWS Consulting Partner and a Microsoft Partner we offer Windows Solutions on AWS. The services we offer are ‘hosted’ on the EC2 service, which forms part of the AWS Service Portfolio and is the service that effectively replaces the infrastructure used on premises.
However, it is not the same. We have designed and developed our techniques, processes, monitoring and service delivery to be integrated with this service. We utilise many AWS services to manage our Windows environments on EC2. For example we use services for backup, monitoring, compliance, failover, logging, encryption.
We have developed a number of automations to improve our service and reduce risks for our clients. These include automated patching, reboots, compliance checks and even automated system restore with tests and proof of results.
We are committed to templating and standardising our designs to ensure consistent and constantly improving solutions.
AWS Solution Provider
The AWS Solution Provider Program is designed for systems integrators, managed service providers, value-added resellers, and public sector partners to resell AWS Services to end customers as part of their differentiated solution. Under this program, Authorized Solution Providers manage, service, support, and bill Amazon Web Services (AWS) accounts for end customers.